Prep time: 20 mins, Cook time: 90 mins
4 free range eggs, whites only
1 cup caster sugar
1 tsp white vinegar
½ cup Dole Tropical Gold Pineapple, core removed & flesh cut into chunks
½ cup mango pulp, cut into chunks
1 tbsp caster sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ Dole Tropical Gold Pineapple, sliced
1 passionfruit, seeds only
½ mango, sliced
⅓ cup coconut chips, toasted
Handful of mint leaves
Edible Flowers, optional
1. For the pavlova: Preheat the oven to 100°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Using a mixer, beat egg whites to a soft foam. Gradually beat in sugar until the mixture forms stiff peaks. Whisk in vinegar.
3. Turn mixture onto the prepared tray, shaping into an 18-20cm circle. Draw the mixture up high and smooth off the top. You can make fun shapes on the sides with a knife. Bake for 90 minutes. (Do not open the oven during cooking.) Turn off the oven, open the door slightly and allow the pavlova to cool in the oven. Alternatively, leave to cool in the oven overnight.
4. For the tropical coulis: Add all coulis ingredients to a small pot and cook for 10-15 minutes over medium heat. Use a hand blender to blend until smooth. Set aside.
5. For the toppings: Using a hand mixer, beat the cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
6. To serve: Serve the pavlova decorated with prepared toppings and a drizzle of tropical coulis. Yum!
Tips: Use room temperature eggs, make sure your mixing bowl is really clean, total mixing time for the egg whites should be about 14 minutes - you want them to be really stiff! In humid weather adding a tablespoon of cornflour to the egg white mixture after the sugar is added helps to stablise the mixture.