Piñabar - Dole’s Pineapple Cutting Machine
A first for New Zealand, an innovative pineapple slicer – the Piñabar – is now available at selected New World stores.
The Dole pineapple cutting machine peels pineapples in just 20 seconds so that your pineapples are ready to enjoy when you get home. Once cut, the pineapple is dropped into a recyclable container you can either consume right away or keep in the fridge for a few days. Ensuring waste is minimised, discarded skin is collected and sent to farmers to use for animal feed and compost.
The machine was designed and developed in the Netherlands by Dutch Food Technology.
- New World South City -Christchurch
- New World New Lynn -Auckland
- New World Eastridge- Auckland
- New World Regent- Whangarei
- Pak 'n Save Clendon- Auckland (from 15th December)
- Pak ' n Save Kapiti (from 17th December)
- New World New Plymouth (from 17th December)
- New World Brookfields - Tauranga (from 18th December)
- New World Wellington City (from 19th December)
- New World Whitianga (from 19th December)
- New World Pioneer- Palmerston North (from 19th December)