Tasty and wholesome this salad is lovely on its own, or as a side salad for a main course.
- 1tsp olive oil
- 4 bacon rashers, cut into large pieces
- 120 g packet baby spinach
- ½ Dole Tropical Gold pineapple, cut into wedges
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp pinenuts, toasted
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 ttsp honey
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- salt and pepper
- To prepare the dressing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Cook the bacon over high heat until brown and crisp.
- Place the baby spinach, pineapple, red onion, bacon, and pinenuts in a salad bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, toss gently, and serve immediately.