Tropical Gold Pineapple and Mint SaladThis dish is fresh, juicy and crunchy too. Help Mum out by making this as a side salad for dinner or lunch.
- Dole Tropical Gold pineapple
- 1 medium red onion
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- lettuce leaves for lining the bowl or plate
- 3 tbsp olive or salad oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Peel and core the Tropical Gold pineapple.
- Cut into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Peel a medium-sized red onion and cut in half lengthwise. Place the flat side on a board and thinly slice the onion discarding the bottom piece.
- Add the sliced onion to the pineapple.
- Wash and dry the mint leaves, slice them into thin pieces, and add to the pineapple and onions.
- Put the olive oil, lemon juice, syrup, and salt and pepper into a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake them together.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves in a serving bowl. Just before you are ready to eat, pour the liquid in the jar onto the pineapple, onion, and mint mixture and mix it all together.
- Now put the mixture into the bowl lined with the lettuce leaves and you're ready to serve!