Thai Chicken and Tropical Gold Pineapple CurrySpicy but not too hot, this curry is one to try for all the family.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 500 g boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp mild curry paste
- 3/4 cup chicken stock or water
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- ½ tsp finely grated lemon or lime zest
- 2 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 cup coconut cream
- ½ Dole Tropical Gold pineapple, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the curry paste and cook for a further minute.
- Return the chicken to the pan with the chicken stock or water, fish sauce, lemon or lime zest and juice, sugar and coconut cream. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the sauce has thickened. Add extra water if necessary.
- Add the pineapple and season with black pepper. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the coriander before serving.
- Serve with steamed rice.