Everyone loves sticky drumsticks. Fresh pineapple retains its crunch and gives a burst of sweetness each bite. Vary the amount of chilli to suit your own taste.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8-10 chicken drumsticks
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup runny honey
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons tamarind puree or tomato paste
- ½ a pineapple, skin cut off, chopped into pieces
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Place chicken in a baking dish in a single layer ( line with baking paper to make cleaning easier). Mix all other ingredients together and pour over chicken, coating each piece well. Bake in oven for 40 minutes, turning once, until the chicken is cooked and the sauce is reduced and sticky. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve hot.