2 green Dole plantains
Drizzle of oil (flavourless, like canola or sunflower)
Salt and pepper
40g packet of fresh coriander
2 jalapeno or green chillies, roughly chopped
2 spring onions, peeled and roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
Squeeze of lime or lemon juice
Pinch of cumin
4 tbsp mayonnaise
SAUCE: Pop all the ingredients into a blender or processor and pulse into a sauce. If it’s a bit thick, thin with a little water. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Set aside until you’re ready to dip.
PLANTAIN: Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease or line a large baking tray.
1. Take your plantains and cut off the tips (about 1 cm top and bottom). Make 2 cuts along the length of the plantains on opposite sides (the inside curve and along the back), just deep enough for you to get your fingers under.
2. Carefully remove the skin.
NOTE: If you’re having trouble removing the skin, peel it like you would a potato with a vegetable peeler.
3. Using a food processor on the thinnest setting, mandolin, or knife, slice the plantains into thin chips. Pop into a bowl and drizzle with oil and sprinkle over the paprika. Toss well so the plantain slices are well coated.
4. Pop onto your tray in an even layer.
5. Sprinkle with salt and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
6. Serve with a dollop of sauce.