Pork and pineapple are one of life's great combinations. This sweet and juicy Tropical Gold stuffing will not only add an exotic flavour to your roast, but it will keep it lovely and moist too.
- ¼ Dole Tropical Gold pineapple, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- ½ cup pecan nuts
- salt and pepper
- 1.5 kg boned pork loin, unrolled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- extra salt
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- To prepare the stuffing, combine the pineapple, spring onion, parsley, pecan nuts, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spread the pineapple stuffing down the middle of the loin of pork, cutting a larger pocket if necessary to accommodate all the stuffing.
- Roll up the pork and secure by tying firmly with string at 5 cm intervals.
- Brush the pork rind with the olive oil and sprinkle with extra salt.
- Place on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes then reduce the heat to 180°C and cook for a further 45 to 60 minutes or until the pork is cooked.
- Serve with Caramelised Roast Kumara and Tropical Gold Pineapple and steamed green vegetables.