Quesadillas are a great entertaining dish and perfect for little hands, and these vegetarian ones are suitable for Mexican food lovers of any age!
Avocado Chilli Oil
2 cup sliced mushrooms
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp taco seasoning
1 cup black or kidney beans
2 cups grated cheese
1 cup tinned crushed pineapple
1 cup drained tinned corn
½ red capsicum, finely diced
Juice of 1 lime
½ cup fresh coriander
Sour cream, to serve
- In a pan, bring a drizzle of avocado chilli oil to a medium high heat. Once hot add the mushrooms and garlic, and saute for a few minutes or until the mushrooms have softened. Stir in the taco seasoning and beans and set aside.
- Lay 3 of the tortillas on a board. Evenly divide the mushroom mixture amongst the tortillas and spread over the cover. Sprinkle with cheese, then top with the remaining tortillas.
- To make the salsa, stir together the pineapple, corn, capsicum, lime and coriander. Season to taste and set aside.
- Bring a non-stick pan to a medium high heat. Once hot, carefully place the quesadilla into the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes then flip and cook for a further 3-5 minutes. Place in a warm oven while cooking the remaining quesadillas.
- Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve alongside the salsa.
Wine Match - We love serving a crisp glass of Ara Single Estate Sauvignon Blanc with these Quesadillas.