Best served with friends & family, typical family style.
12 Corn Tortilla
24 Prawns peeled/tails removed (pre cooked will be perfect)
1 Dole Pineapple (will use half for Recipe)
½ Cup Coriander, Fresh Leaves
¼ Cup Mint, Fresh Leaves
1 Small lebanese Cucumber
3 Limes, Fresh
1 Red chilli, Fresh
½ Red/Green Cabbage
200g Sour Cream (we recommend Lewis Road Creamery)
1. Cut Dole Pineapple in Half. Core and set aside 1 half which will be used for the Salsa. The other half can be stored in an air tight container in the Fridge for up to 1 week.
2. Slice Pineapple into 8 and proceed to cut into 10mm cubes. Place in bowl.
3. Slice cucumber and remove seeds, cut into 5mm cubes and add to bowl.
4. Cut red chilli in half and remove seeds, thinly slice and add to bowl.
5. Roughly chop ¼ cup of fresh coriander leaves & 1/8 Cup of fresh mint leaves and add to bowl.
6. Squeeze 2 fresh limes into the bowl & season with salt & pepper. Place to the side & leave to sit.
7. Thinly slice cabbage and place in a bowl. Squeeze over ½ lime to add freshness.
8. Half and slice avocado in to long lengths. Place to the side.
9. Bring skillet or frying pan to a high heat and flash fry Prawns on both sides to ensure they are heated through and have a nice golden brown colour on both sides. Set to the side.
10. Warm through corn tortillas.
Start to build the taco’s by starting with cabbage on the base, then add sliced avocado followed by prawns and finishing with the fresh pineapple salsa on top. Top with small dollop of sour cream and remaining fresh coriander & mint leaves to garnish. Freshly squeeze lime juice over top to finish it off and season with salt & pepper to taste.