This dish is surprisingly quick and easy and very handy if you have basil on hand and a bag of frozen prawns in the freezer. Make sure you thaw the prawns thoroughly and dry them on paper towel before frying.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
- 3-4 dozen raw prawns, shelled
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, finely shredded
- ½ a pineapple, skin cut off, chopped
- Large handful basil leaves
- Heat oil in a large fry pan or wok. Add garlic, lemongrass and prawns, stir fry on high heat for 2-3 minutes until prawns are just about cooked. Add remaining ingredients, except basil leaves, and continue to cook a further few minutes until hot through. Turn off the heat and toss through the basil. Serve hot with steamed rice.