Pineapple Chutney with LambThis chutney works with almost anything but its super yummy with the lamb dish featured here, or try it with cold or hot roast pork.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons crushed cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushed coriander seeds
- ¾ teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pineapple, skin cut off, chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 lamb leg steak
- Heat oil in a medium fry pan and add onions and garlic, fry until onion is starting to caramelise, about 5 minutes. Add cumin, coriander, fennel and bay leaf and fry a further 2 minutes. Add pineapple, vinegar and brown sugar and stir everything together. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the pineapple starts to collapse. Spoon into sterilised jars.
- Heat a little oil in a fry pan. Season lamb with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side for medium rare. Rest lamb for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve sliced lamb with 2 tablespoons of chutney, or use to fill a pita pocket along with salad, mint, coriander and thick Greek yoghurt.