Peanut Butter and Banana tartRecipe courtesy of Baker Gatherer in celebration of International Banana Day! With its smooth balance of nuttiness and delicious banana, it's the ideal indulgent treat to celebrate Banana Day with.
150g Vanilla Wine Biscuits
2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
60g Butter - Melted
2 Ripe Dole Bananas
150g Smooth Peanut Butter
150g Sweetened Condensed Milk
120g Cream Cheese
80g Dark Chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 180°c and grease or line a 25cm tart pan and set aside.
2. Using a food processor, blitz vanilla wine biscuits then mix through cocoa and melted butter. Press crumb evenly across the base and sides of tart pan and then bake for 15 minutes or until crisp. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before filling.
3. For the filling, use the food processor once again. Add all of the filling ingredients (except the cream), and blend together until smooth. Using a bowl or jug, whip the cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream through the filling mixture, then pour into cooled tart base.
4. To make the chocolate ganache, pour near boiling cream over top of chocolate in a small ramekin. Allow to sit for a couple minutes and then stir together until smooth. Drizzle ganache over top of tart filling and using the end of a spoon, swirl the chocolate over the surface until desired effect.
5. Place in the fridge and allow to set completely, either three hours or overnight. Slice and serve.