Pawpaw Ginger ParfaitPretty as a picture, you can layer this dessert anyway you like. Simple and yet stunning, light and fresh, a perfect end to any meal.
- Flesh of 1 pawpaw, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely grated
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 200g mascarpone
- ¼ cup cream or coconut cream
- ¾ packet gingernut biscuits, roughly crushed
- Additional flesh of 1 pawpaw, peeled, seeded and diced
- Passion fruit syrup, to serve
- Puree first pawpaw, ginger, lime zest and juice, and brown sugar in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add mascarpone and cream and blend briefly until just combined.
- Layer six tall parfait glasses with crushed gingernuts, pawpaw cream and diced pawpaw. Repeat layering so you end up with six layers in total. Garnish with a drizzle of passionfruit syrup. Serve cold.
- Note: components can be prepared in advance and kept in the fridge before assembly.