Pawpaw Fish CevichePawpaw adds colour and a sweet silky texture to this fresh ceviche and a little heat from the jalapeno peppers gives the dish a tasty bite.
- 2/3 cup fresh lime or lemon juice
- 500g fresh trevally or other white fish fillets (skin off), sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeño peppers
- 1 red or green capsicum, finely sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe pawpaw, peeled, seeded and sliced
- ½ cup roughly chopped coriander + extra to garnish
- Mix lime juice and fish in a non-metal, non-corrosive bowl. Cover and marinate in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Mix with all other ingredients and season to taste with salt. Garnish with extra coriander. Serve cold.
- Saturated fat