Pawpaw and Prosciutto BruschettaCrunchy bruschetta and red onion with silky pawpaw and salty prosciutto make this a fresh and tasty dish for lunch or an anytime snack.
- ½ loaf sourdough bread, cut into 1 cm slices
- 1 large clove garlic, cut in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1 Dole Pawpaw, cut into thin wedges
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra, for drizzling
- Italian parsley to garnish
- freshly ground black pepper
- Char-grill the bread slices on a barbecue or under a grill until they are crisp on both sides: then rub each slice with the cut garlic clove.
- Brush a small amount of olive oil onto one side of each slice of bread.
- Top each slice with a piece of prosciutto, 2 wedges of pawpaw, some red onion slices and 2 to 3 walnuts.
- Drizzle with the extra olive oil, garnish with Italian parsley leaves and season with freshly ground black pepper.