- 1 x 250g packet of Krispie biscuits or other plain biscuits
- 100 grams butter, melted
- 2 x 250g blocks of cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup chilled coconut cream
- 1/4 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 x 450 gram tin Dole crushed pineapple, drained
- Whipped coconut cream
- Fresh Dole Tropical Gold® Pineapple
- Toasted coconut flakes
The night before
1.Take the cream cheese out of the fridge and leave on the bench to soften and put the can of coconut cream into the fridge:
1. Line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper or tin foil making sure it goes up the sides with some overhang.
2. In a food processor crush the biscuits until they are fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and stir well to combine.
3. Press firmly into the prepared tin using a glass or your hands. Put in the fridge to set while you make the filling.
1. Add the softened cream cheese to a large bowl and use a hand mixer or the paddle attachment of a stand mixer to mix on high speed until smooth and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
2. Scoop ½ cup of the thickened coconut cream from the top of the can and add to the cream cheese along with sifted icing sugar and mix on medium speed for a further 1-2 minutes until combined and smooth. Add the drained pineapple and fold together using a spatula.
3. Spread the filling onto the base and smooth using a spatula and put in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours or overnight.
4. Once set, use the baking paper or tin foil to lift the cheesecake out of the tin. Use a sharp knife to cut into 16 pieces. To ensure clean cuts I like to wipe the knife with a paper towel between cuts.
5. Decorate each individual bar with cream, a piece of fresh pineapple and a sprinkle of toasted coconut flakes.
6. Serve chilled and store in the fridge for 3 or 4 days.