This recipe makes 16 mini scrolls.
2 sheets of dairy and gluten free flaky puff pastry, defrosted
2 slices of a Dole Tropical Gold pineapple, 1.5cm thick
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp onion, finely diced
1/2 cup dairy free mozzarella cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Lay the pastry sheets out on a flat surface.
3. Remove the pineapple skin and core and chop into small pieces. Use some handy towels to soak up the excess juice.
4. Mix together the tomato paste, smoked paprika and garlic powder in a small bowl and then spoon onto the pastry sheets, leaving an inch along the shortest edge.
5. Evenly spread the pineapple pieces and onion across the paste, then sprinkle the grated cheese over the top.
6. Starting from the edge furthest from the empty edge, begin to roll the pastry sheets firmly. Push the final edge into the roll to seal.
7. Slice each roll into 8 rounds, then place at least 3cm apart on the baking tray.
8. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until well puffed and beginning to look golden. Serve hot off the oven or store in a sealed container for 3-4 days.