These little pavalovas are very impressive to look at but even better to eat. Great just as they are or try them with chocolate or caramel sauce or a fresh fruit puree.
- 4 egg whites
- 120g caster sugar
- additional 120g caster sugar
- pinch cream of tartar
- 2 tsp of cornflour
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 2 mashed Dole bananas
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick paper.
- Whip egg whites until they form peaks. Drizzle in 1 quantity of sugar and whisk for 5 minutes.
- Fold in the other ingredients until just combined.
- Using a large spoon, place 8 spoonfuls of mix onto the tray. Make an indentation in the centre of each one.
- Bake at 160°C for 7 minutes then turn the heat down to 75°C and bake a further 15-20 minutes or until firm to touch.
- Serve when cool topped with whipped cream, extra banana slices and your favourite topping sauce.