Recipe courtesy of Michelle Tsang at Petite Sweets
1 bunch of ripe Dole Bobby Bananas (7-8 fingers)
2 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
2 tbsp liquid honey
1 tbsp cardamom powder
2 tbsp hazelnut spread
1. Remove skin and tape from banana fingers. Remember to recycle your Bobby Bananas via Soft Plastics Recycling Scheme drop off points!
2. Cut each banana into 5-6 pieces.
3. Place the cut banana pieces into the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours, best to leave overnight.
4. Place your frozen banana pieces into a food processor or blender and blitz on high for 3 seconds until it turns into fine crumbs.
5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and process on high speed for 30 seconds. Scrape down the side of the bowl. The mixture should be slightly thick now.
6. Add your choice of flavours. Cacao or cocoa powder for chocolate, honey and cardamom powder, or hazelnut spread are all delightful.
7. Process on high two more times for 30 seconds. The mixture should now be very creamy. (If you want plain banana ice cream, just omit the additional ingredients for flavours and serve straight away).
8. Place in tubs and freeze for a few hours before serving for firmer ice cream, or serve straight away as gelato.