A quick and easy lunch or snack idea. If you don't have red pepper pesto, try replacing it with your favorite relish or pickle. Experiment - have fun!
- 1 loaf Turkish, focaccia, or your favourite bread
- 2 tsp red pepper pesto or relish
- 250 g mozzarella, sliced thinly
- 8 slices shaved ham
- 1 red onion, sliced
- ½ Dole Tropical Gold pineapple, cut into wedges
- basil leaves for garnish
- Cut the bread into large pieces; then cut each piece in half.
- Place cut side up under a preheated grill and grill until golden brown.
- Spread each piece with red pepper pesto or relish. Top with mozzarella, ham, red onion slices, and pineapple wedges. Place another slice of mozzarella on top of the pineapple.
- Grill until the cheese has melted and is slightly golden.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve immediately.