Creamy and rich with an exciting ginger 'bite', great for the family or elegant enough for entertaining
- 3 cups of peeled, finely sliced or grated parsnips
- 3 cups of peeled, finely sliced or grated carrots
- ¼ cup peeled, finely sliced or grated Ginger Tiger
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ¾ cup cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped chives for garnish
- Place parsnips, carrots, Ginger Tiger, and stock into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are well cooked and soft.
- Allow to cool slightly, then blend using a blender, food processor or a hand-held blender.
- When smooth, return the mixture to the pan, add the cream and reheat gently.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, and add the lemon juice to brighten the soup.
- Garnish with chives and serve.