Fresh ginger blends beautifully with the tropical flavours of this zesty chicken dish that everyone will enjoy.
- ½ cup flaked or shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tbsp cooking oil
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 900gm chicken cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp peeled and finely chopped fresh Ginger Tiger + 1 tbsp freshly grated Ginger Tiger.
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup cream (if you are counting calories, light evaporated milk works well)
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 2 firm, ripe Dole bananas, quartered
- ½ large ripe Dole paw paw, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- Garnish: Lime wedges and coriander leaves
- Toast coconut in a large frying pan for a few moments until golden. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Brown the chicken pieces in the pan with the butter and oil. Sprinkle 1 tbsp freshly chopped Ginger Tiger and 3 tbsp of the coconut over the chicken.
- Add the stock and cream; cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until done (no red juices should come out of the chicken when pierced with a knife).
- Add 1tbsp grated Ginger Tiger and the chopped coriander and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Remove chicken and arrange with the Dole bananas and sliced Dole paw paw on a bed of steamed rice.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with remaining toasted coconut.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and limes to be squeezed over the chicken and fruit.