Dole Pineapple Satay Chicken Nibbles with Pineapple Salsa
For the salsa
2 cups fresh Dole Tropical Gold Pineapple, finely diced
1 Dole pawpaw, finely diced
1 red chilli, finely chopped
1 cup fresh corn kernels (or frozen, defrosted)
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
1 spring onion, finely sliced
Juice of 1 lime
Salt and pepper to taste
For the chicken
1kg chicken nibbles
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup Dole Tropical Gold Pineapple juice
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Juice and zest of 1 lime
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
1 tablespoon minced lemongrass
Handful coriander leaves and chopped red chilli to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200*C and line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- To make the salsa, combine all ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place chicken nibbles in a large bowl, drizzle over oil, salt and stir to coat. Place in a single layer on baking trays and place in hot oven. Cook for 25-30 minutes until cooked through and skin is crispy. Keep the oven on to glaze the nibbles.
- While chicken is cooking, place remaining ingredients except coriander and chopped peanuts in a saucepan and heat gently. Whisk until combined and remove from heat.
- Dip the cooked chicken nibbles in the sauce to coat and lay back on the oven trays. Place back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes until the glaze is lightly caramelised.
- Serve with the pineapple salsa and satay sauce. Garnish with coriander and chilli.