Recipe courtesy of Nicola Chan at Chan Can Eat.
- 7 overripe Dole Bobby Bananas (3 cups)
- 1 large orange
- 1 large lemon
- 3 apples
- 2 cups chopped dates
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 cups (750ml) cider vinegar
This recipe below makes approx. 1.25 litres of chutney.
1. Zest the orange and the lemon, put the zest in a large pot. Juice both the lemon & the orange and add the juice to the pot.
2. Thinly slice the Dole Bobby Bananas, cut apples into tiny cubes, chop dates and add these all to the pot along with the raisins, water, vinegar, curry powder, salt and sugar.
3. Bring to a boil, then simmer uncovered, stirring often. After 60 - 90 minutes, the mixture will be thick and now darker in colour.
4. Spoon hot into jars, then store in a cool, dark place.
5. Crack open after around a month and enjoy with some firm cheese and crackers!