- 2c oat flour (you can make your own by blending oats)
- 1c Dole bananas, mashed (approx. 3 medium bananas)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4c maple syrup
- 1/4c nut butter (this recipe uses chocolate hazelnut butter)
- 1t vanilla
- 1t baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1c vegan butter
- 4c unrefined icing sugar
- 2T almond milk
- 1t vanilla bean extract
- Natural green food colouring
- 1 Dole banana, sliced into 3mm rounds
- Dark chocolate drops
- Pineapple, sliced into 12-15 1cm rounds
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C and place cupcake patty cases into a muffin tin.
- Add all of the cupcake ingredients into a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Pour the mixture into each case until about ¾ full then bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before allowing to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- To make the icing, whisk the butter (preferably using a stand mixer) for one minute before adding 1c of icing sugar at a time until each addition is well combined. Add the almond milk, vanilla bean extract and food colouring then continue to whisk for 7 minutes at a low speed.
- Pipe the icing onto the cooled cupcakes then place two banana rounds and chocolate drops into the icing for the eyes.
- Cut some strawberries into slice then cut mouth or tongue shapes and gently push into the icing.
- Cut a thin wedge out of each pineapple to create the lily pads then place a cupcake in the centre. If using paper patty cases, soak up some of the excess pineapple juice with a handy towel before doing this.