Recipe by Jax Hamilton for the Dole Kitchen Challenge.
2 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp coconut sugar
4 egg whites
Pinch of salt
2 egg yolks
2 ripe Dole bananas, mashed
1 tbsp honey (or more to taste)
½ tsp vanilla essence
½ tsp grated ginger, fresh
Cocoa powder - garnish
1. Take 6 x 125ml ramekins, brush the insides and base with melted butter then dust and coat with the coconut sugar. Ensure the sugar comes all the way up to the rim of the ramekin. Chill until ready to fill.
2. Pre heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
3. Pour the egg whites and salt into a large bowl and beat with a hand blender until you have soft peaks.
4. Pop the egg yolks, bananas, honey, vanilla essence and ginger into a blender and pulse until you have a smooth custard type consistency.
5. Using a metal spoon, in quarters, combine the banana mixture with the egg whites. Fold gently ensuring you don’t knock the air from the whites.
6. Spoon the mixture into the ramekins and bake for 15 minutes or until the soufflés are puffed up and golden.
TO SERVE: Dust with cocoa powder and serve immediately.
Jax Says: I know I shouldn’t say this, but these are wonderful with a warm chocolate sauce. Just knock a hole in the middle and pour the sauce in – OMG!