Caramelised Roast Kumera and PineappleThe perfect accompaniment to pork, or try this dish with roast chicken.
- 6 kumara, peeled and cut into 1 cm slices
- ¾ Dole Tropical Gold pineapple, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cook the kumara slices in boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and place in a roasting dish. Add the pineapple.
- Dot the butter over the kumara and pineapple, sprinkle with the brown sugar and thyme, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until the kumara and pineapple are slightly caramelised.