This cake is really easy to prepare, but is light and delicious and will probably make you famous!
- 125 g butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 2 ripe regular bananas mashed
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- ¼ cup milk
- Heat the oven to a temperature of 170°C
- Melt the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Add mashed bananas and stir through until just blended.
- Add egg and mix in well.
- Stir in flour, add milk and mix lightly.
- Pour the mixture into a small, greased round cake tin 18 - 20cms
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes.
- Take the cake out of the oven and cool it in the tin for 10 minutes before taking it out of the tin. Then, cool on a wire rack for another hour before icing with your favourite flavour.
You can decorate the cake as soon as you have iced it with chocolate sprinkles, hundreds and thousands, or mini marshmallows like we have done. Have fun!