Hot and tasty - start your day with this healthy, filling breakfast and you'll have heaps of energy right through till lunch time.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Scotch or rolled oats
- 3 Bobby Bananas
- Brown sugar, golden or maple syrup to taste
- Put the milk and water into a saucepan.
- Add the oats and cook on medium heat, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon.
- When the mixture is thick and creamy, remove from the heat.
- Mash 2 of the Bobby Bananas in a bowl so that they are squashed and still a bit lumpy.
- Add the bananas to the oats and return to the heat and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour the porridge into two serving bowls and sprinkle with brown sugar or your favourite syrup.
- Slice the third Bobby Banana into pieces and use to decorate the top of your porridge.
Tip - A little cream or extra milk on top will make this dish super scrumptious!