Prep Time: 10 min + marinade time, Cook time: 40 min.
1.2kg butterflied lamb leg
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp fish sauce
4 tbsp honey
1 Dole Tropical Gold pineapple, ½ diced and ½ sliced in rounds
1 red chilli, chopped
Salt & pepper
190g (1 bag) chopped salad with dressing
1/3 cup coriander, chopped
250g (1 pouch) steamed brown rice, to serve
1. Place diced pineapple, olive oil, fish sauce, honey, chilli, lime zest and juice in a deep dish and mix to combine. Place butterflied lamb in and season with salt & black pepper. Set aside for at least 30 minutes.
2. Heat a barbecue over medium-high heat. Drain lamb from marinade and cook lamb for 4-5 minutes each side or until charred. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for a further 15-20 minutes, turning and glazing with remaining marinade, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat, set aside on a plate covered loosely with foil and rest for 10 minutes.
3. Barbecue the pineapple slices with a drizzle of oil for 2-3 minutes each side or until charred.
4. Place kale salad mix in a large bowl, add coriander and dressing. Season and toss to coat.
5. Slice lamb and serve with kale salad, pineapple, rice, extra chilli (optional), lime wedges and coriander sprigs.
Lamb shoulder or lamb leg (bone-in) would also work well in this recipe. Any leftover lamb can be used in a pita or wrap with salad for a delicious lunch.