Banoffee Coffee TartsA twist on the traditional Banofie pie, the addition of the coffee rounds out the flavour and individual servings make these tarts pretty to display or easy to pack for a special treat in your lunch box.
- 2 sheets sweet shortcrust pastry
- 50g butter
- ½ cup brown sugar or golden syrup
- 1 can condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 bananas, mashed or blended
- 1 cup cream
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1-2 bananas, sliced
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180degC. Cut each pastry sheet into four squares. Press pastry squares into a medium muffin pan. Prick bases with a fork and bake for 12-15 minutes or until pastry is cooked and golden. Remove from pan and leave to cool.
- Place condensed milk, sugar or golden syrup, butter and 3 tsp coffee granules in a saucepan on low to medium heat. Stir until caramel thickens, about 10 minutes. Mix through mashed banana.
- Whip cream with 2 tsp coffee granules until soft peaks. To assemble - spoon some banana caramel into each pastry case, layer with sliced banana and top with coffee cream. Scatter over toasted almonds. Serve cold.