Banana RaitaSo good you’ll just want to eat it on its own, but it’s really meant to be eaten with a curry or any spicy dish you want to cool down a little.
- 1 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- Good pinch of salt
- 3 bananas, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon crushed cumin seeds
- 2 green chillies, chopped, optional
- Chopped coriander
- Mix yoghurt, lime juice and salt together and toss with banana.
- Heat oil in a small fry pan and add mustard and cumin seeds. When mustard seeds start to pop, add green chilli, sizzle for 30 seconds, then pour hot oil, chillies and spices over banana and yoghurt. Garnish with coriander. Serve as a condiment to a curry.