Banana Butterscotch PotsA decadent dessert - great for dinner parties or a family treat.
- 350 ml cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 Dole bananas, pureed
- 50 g butter
- 100 g soft brown sugar
- additional 50 ml cream
- 2 Dole bananas, peeled and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 110°C.
- Bring cream to a simmer then set aside. Separately whisk together yolks, sugar and banana puree. Whisk into the cream.
- Pour into ramekins. Place in an oven dish and bake 15-20 minutes or until set. Chill for 4 hours.
- To serve, simmer butter and brown sugar together until it becomes thick and starts to darken. Stir in 50 ml of cream.
- Slice bananas and sauté on both sides in a well-greased pan.
- Pour butterscotch sauce over custards and top with the sautéed bananas.