Something really different for dessert but also really simple. You can change the pistachios for hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds or even peanuts if you like, just something crunchy to add to the crispy filo and soft fruity centre.
- 4 bananas (note: pick bananas that are not so bent in shape)
- 1 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- 45g melted butter
- Extra chopped pistachios, to serve
- Runny honey, to serve
- Thick Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180degC.
- Lay a sheet of filo on the bench and brush with melted butter, place a second layer on top and repeat with a final third layer of filo pastry. Cut layered filo pastry in half into two large squares. Repeat with remaining sheets of filo, so you end up with four large squares of filo pastry.
- Brush the top layer of filo with melted butter and scatter over finely chopped pistachios. Place a banana in the middle of each filo square. Trim the ends of the filo to the length of the banana and roll the filo pastry around the banana and pistachios. Place cigars on a baking tray, brush with melted butter and bake for 15 minutes until golden and crispy.
- To serve, drizzle over honey, scatter over more pistachios and serve hot with Greek yoghurt.