Slightly spicy, fruity and healthy too, a really fresh combination that makes a great entre or just for a lighter change from the usual lamb or beef.
- 3 teaspoons runny honey
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped rosemary
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped, optional
- 1 teaspoon toasted and crushed cumin seeds
- Pinch of turmeric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 fillets firm white fish e.g. hapuku, monk, trevally etc, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 bananas, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 carrot, peeled into strips with a vegetable peeler
- 12 wooden bamboo skewers
- ¾ cup thick Greek yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes. Mix honey, rosemary, chilli if using, cumin, turmeric and oil and toss with fish chunks, leave to marinate for 10 minutes. Thread ribbons of carrot, and chunks of fish and banana onto soaked skewers. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook skewers under a hot grill until fish is just cooked, about 5 minutes. Mix yoghurt with garlic and lemon juice and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve skewers hot with yoghurt dipping sauce.