A fabulous moist and healthy loaf for any time of day. Especially good at breakfast, toasted with a little spread of butter and extra fresh fruit.
- 170 g cranberries
- 100 g butter
- 225 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 285 g flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 Dole bananas, mashed
- 80 ml buttermilk
- Cover cranberries with boiling water and leave to soak for 15 minutes. Strain and discard liquid.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a loaf tin well with butter.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale. Add eggs one at a time, beating continuously.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add mashed banana, cranberries, and buttermilk and stir to combine.
- Transfer to baking tin. Bake for 30-40 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack - if you can!