75 grams butter, melted
1 cup soft brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
250 grams dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
2 Dole bananas, peeled and roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 20 x 20cm brownie tray.
2. In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and brown sugar, mix until pale. Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring between each, then add the vanilla.
3. Sift in the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
4. Add the chocolate chunks and mix well.
5. Take the roughly chopped pieces of banana and gently fold through, be careful not to over mash them into the batter.
6. Pour batter into brownie dish and bake for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Brownie should still be soft to touch. Cool in baking dish before removing and cutting into squares.