A rich tasty curry, add a little more chilli if you like it hot and serve with the Banana Raita that you can find on our site.
- 2 medium bananas
- ½ can coconut milk
- 1 cup roasted cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- ½ inch ginger, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon each garam masala and ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 6-8 skinless chicken thighs (bone in)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup thick plain yoghurt
- Chopped coriander and extra cashew nuts to garnish
- Blend banana, coconut milk and cashew nuts until nuts are mostly broken up.
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok and cook onions until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic, chilli and spices and cook a further 3 minutes.
- Add chicken thighs, tomatoes, water, lime juice and salt. Simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Turn off heat and stir through yoghurt. Garnish with coriander and extra cashews. Serve hot with steamed rice.