Banana And Blueberry Highland LoafThis lovely loaf is full of goodies -bananas, blueberries and oats! Lovely on its own, or serve with whipped cream and extra bananas and blueberries.
- 110 g butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Dole regular bananas
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup Scotch or quick cooking oats
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp extra flour
- Cream butter and sugar
- Beat in the eggs
- Mash the bananas well and add to the mixture.
- Mix the first lot of flour with the baking soda, salt and nutmeg and stir in the oats.
- Fold the flour mixture into the butter mixture and add the vanilla essence.
- Toss the frozen blueberries in the extra 1tbsp flour to cover, and add them to the mix.
- Transfer the mix to a greased and floured loaf tin and bake at 175°C for about 60 minutes.