Pot O'Gold Banana BreadThe golden syrup in this recipe perfectly complements the banana flavour making this a rich and tasty family favourite.
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Dole regular bananas, mashed
- 1 ½ cups sifted flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sultanas or raisins
- ¼ cup golden syrup
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until light and creamy.
- Gradually add the eggs and beat well.
- Add the mashed bananas.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and cinnamon and add to the mixture.
- Mix lightly, adding the sultanas or raisins, and the golden syrup until combined.
- Transfer the mix into a greased and floured 20cm x 10cm loaf tin.
- Bake for 70 minutes at 170°C or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin.