store bought chimichurri sauce
homemade chimichurri sauce recipe: click here.
1. Slice the plantains 2cm thick rounds. Peel the skin off from each piece.
2. Heat about 3cm deep oil in a wok over medium high heat. Deep fry the plantain pieces 2-3 minutes on each side until golden in colour and soft inside.
3. Place the pieces on a paper towel. Using the bottom of a glass or a cup gently flatten each fried plantain piece. Smash them just enough to flatten out.
4. Fry the flattened plantains again in batches for 1 minute each side or until golden and edges become crisp. Add more oil to the pan if needed. Drain on paper towels.
5. Sprinkle garlic salt and serve with chimichurri sauce.